How Does Your Email Survey Software Measure Up?
Posted by: Manas Tuesday, 01 February 2011
Online marketing surveys are great way to get inside your customers’ heads and see exactly what they think about your products, services, and even pricing. With the variety of online survey tools on the market, choosing the right email survey software can be overwhelming.
Most email survey software has the basic features. They allow you to:
- Create custom questions
- Set both multiple answer and single answer questions
- Set up an area for respondent comments
Without these features, an email survey software package isn’t even worth looking at. However, there are some features that not all online survey tools include. A software package that incorporates these features will not only make creating surveys an easier process, but it will make how you report and respond to data much more effective to produce greater results:
- List building component: This allows you to quickly and easily import or build email recipient lists. Working with a list building component inside your software application also makes it easier for you to track different analytical statistics.
- Skip logic support: You have seen surveys that skip to different questions based on previous answers. This is important because it keeps the people taking your survey interested since they are not answering questions that do not pertain to them, which keeps completion rates much higher and result more accurate.
- Multiple reports: Getting your results is only half the battle. What you do with those results is just as important—so being able to present data and dissect it in different ways is extremely important. Having an email survey software package that provides different methods of reporting is essential.