How can we help?
Browse our Email Marketing help documentation
Landing PagesSetting Up Default Pages
Once you have created a landing page, you can go ahead and set up the default pages for
- Unsubscribe Landing Page
- Forward to a Friend Landing Page
- Update your Details Landing Page
- While still inside the Assets section, click on the Manage Default Pages link on the left
- You will then see the interface for specifying a landing page for each of the three preset landing pages
- The list will only show landing pages that contain the respective dynamic blocks you added using the "Insert smart Tags" drop down list.
- Select the preferred landing page from the list and save.
There are 3 preset landing pages in Maxmail that can be customized to a great extent to ensure a uniform user experience.
- The Unsubscribe Landing Page
- The Forward to a Friend Landing Page
- The Update Your Details Landing Page
- First you need to create a landing page. You can do so by going to the Landing Pages section under assets and simply creating a new landing page by clicking on the "Create a new Landing Page" button.
- At this point you will see an HTML editor interface identical to the image below.
- Make your mouse cursor point to where you'd like the particular chunk to appear.
- Click on the "Insert Smart Tags" drop down list.
- Select the function you'd like to add
- Click on the Save button.
The assets tab is where Maxmail stores all your images, RSS feeds, watcher pages, dynamic content blocks, landing pages and many other important bits that you will need through your email marketing campaigns.
You can access it by going to the Assets tab in the top navigation bar.About Landing Pages
If you are sending email campaigns that carry a promotional message, it pays to have a unique landing page to drive clicks to. The purpose of such a landing page is to have content specific to the call to action you included in the email.
This way, the end user is able to make the connection between your offer and the call to action in a way that motivates them to follow through on the call to action.
However, there are other uses of a landing page as well.
Every email you send out using Maxmail has an opt out or unsubscribe link at the bottom along with other interactive links such as:
- Update your details link
- Forward to a friend link
- View online link
Each of these links drive people to some page hosted on Maxmail. If you would like to change the look and feel of any one of the pages above, you can do so using Landing Pages.
If you want to learn more about driving promotional email traffic to conversion focussed landing pages, then please check out our Landing Pages App.
Need more help?
NZ Toll Free: 0800 121 131
International: (64) 9 309 8288
Australia: (61) 2 9098 8405
Canada: (1) 604 259 1329
United Kingdom: (44) 20 3670 2364
United States: (1) 929 229 4855