How can we help?
Browse our Email Marketing help documentation
Create a new listCreate a subscriber list
Use the navigation menu to go to the 'Manage Subscribers' page.
Click the large 'Create a New Subscriber List' button on the left hand side of the page.
You will be taken to the 'Setup a new subscriber list' process which is a four step process that will guide you through.
The first step is the 'List Setup' where you have to enter the details for your new subscriber list.
Here are the details you must provide:
- 'List Name' - This will be displayed in the 'Manage Subscribers' page.
- 'From Name' - This name is who your campaigns are addressed from when using this list.
- 'Reply-to-Email Address' - Replies to emails sent using this list will be sent to your 'Reply-to-Email Address'.
- 'Get nofified by email when' -
- 'Someone gets added to this list' - If checked an email will be sent to your notification email address when someone is added to this list.
- 'Someone opts out of this list' - If checked an email will be sent to your notification email address when someone opts out of this list (unsubscribes).
- 'Send notification emails to' - The notificactions above will be sent to this email address.
- 'Where did you acquire this list from' - Select the appropriate option. If no option is appropriate select the closest option.
- 'What type of communication do you intend to send to this list' - Select the appropriate option. If no option is appropriate select the closest option.
Every marketer has their own way of segmenting their lists. As a general rule, Maxmail caters for the most basic fields such as:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Company Name
In addition to that you can add unlimited number of custom fields to expand the nature of the profile data you collect and store for your subscribers.
Custom fields can either be:
- Plain Text field
- Drop Down List of pre-defined/set options
- Date Field
- Checkbox field
- Paragraph Field
For each custom field you can set:
- Default values
- Whether this field is mandatory or not (Yes or No)
- Field names
- Field Options (Drop Down list and checkbox only)
Learn more about adding subscribers
Need more help?
NZ Toll Free: 0800 121 131
International: (64) 9 309 8288
Australia: (61) 2 9098 8405
Canada: (1) 604 259 1329
United Kingdom: (44) 20 3670 2364
United States: (1) 929 229 4855